TALOU LTD TERMS & CONDITIONS
is a site operated by Talou Ltd (“We”); are a limited company registered in England and Wales under the registration number 11716384
Acceptance of the Terms of Trade
2. By placing an order through the www.taloulondon.com website you acknowledge that you have read and accepted these Terms of Trade.
Amendment to the Terms of Trade
1. Talou has the right to amend these Terms of Trade from time to time to comply with law or to meet its changing business requirements. Any amendments to the Terms of Trade will apply to any order registered after the amended Terms of Trade come into effect and are posted on the www.taloulondon.com website.
1. In these Terms of Trade we will refer to ourselves as “Talou”, “us” or “we”. “You” and “your” refers to you, the individual who is ordering the products. The “products” means the Talou products which may be ordered on the www.taloulondon.com website and the “Product Subtotal” means the sum of the price of each product ordered as indicated on the www.taloulondon.com website at the time of submitting the order.
1. The online sale of the products offered on the www.taloulondon.com website is intended only to individuals who are residing within the United Kingdom and for delivery within this geographic area only.
1. The products covered by these Terms of Trade are those presented on the www.taloulondon.com website subject to availability.
2. Talou will use its best efforts to ensure that any photograph of any of the products presented on the london.com website is as accurate as possible. Please note however, the images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only. The packaging and labels of the product may slightly vary from that shown in images on our website due to design amendments. Products may vary slightly in colour and appearance due to the use of natural ingredients and because of the handmade nature of these products or the colour viewing differences of your computer screen.
3. Talou products are not allowed to be resold to a third party after purchase from us. They are only to be sold by us or other vendors contractually approved by us.
1. Once you have submitted an order for goods, you will receive an email confirming receipt of your order (the "order confirmation"). You will receive a further email from us once the goods have been dispatched from our us; at this point a binding contract will be concluded between us.
2. Talou has the right to refuse any order. If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this and will either not charge you or refund you for the charged product. This may be due to products being out of stock, because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for or because we have identified an error in the price or description of the product.
3. Please note we are unable to cancel or amend your order during peak promotional periods.
If you wish to change or cancel an order please email to email@example.com or direct message on our Instagram @bytalou within 24hours of order submission. If you wish to make a change, we will let you know if the change is possible and about any changes to the price of the product, the timing of dispatch and delivery or anything else which would be necessary as a result of the requested change. We will ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change to confirm the amendments. We may change the product to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements. We are not able to change or cancel your order once your order has been dispatched.
Returning empty jars
1. When you return your empty candle jar to us you will receive 15% off your next order.
2. If you would like to return your empty candle jar contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then issue you with a return address and a discount code to apply to your next order.
3. We do not accept bottle returns of our pulse point oils as these are used on the skin.
1. All orders below £50 are subject to a £3.99 shipping fee. All orders above £50, shipping costs will be wavered.
1. We aim to dispatch all orders within 2-3 working days from when your order is placed and the payment is received. We dispatch all orders via Royal Mail first class.
2. All delivery times are estimate only and are not guaranteed as they depend on delivery companies. There also may be some delay in delivery due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
4. All deliveries are packaged safely and securely by us to prevent any damage during transit. Name and address labels will be displayed clearly and securely.
Prices and Payment
1. All prices on the website are in pound sterling and are inclusive of VAT. Any change in the VAT rate may be applied to the products. Prices are subject to change without notice. The price applicable to any order is the price indicated on the www.taloulondon.com website at the time of submitting the order.
2. The amount payable to Talou for an order will be the total of the following amounts:
(a) the Product Subtotal;
(b) the cost of delivery as stated above
3. You must pay the order amount by either Visa, MasterCard, Visa Debit or American Express at the time of submitting the order.
4.We will retain ownership of the goods until full payment has been made and funds have cleared.
1. Talou will only be responsible for product loss or damage you suffer if it is a foreseeable consequence of Talou’s negligence in breaching its obligations under these Terms of Trade. Talou is not responsible for loss or damage that was not foreseeable, such as for damages in transit due to the delivery company, damages caused by you or damages resulting from your use of the Internet including the loss of data, any intrusion, virus, service disruption or other unintended issues.
2. Talou reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to take any of the following measures if you fail to make a payment in accordance with these Terms of Trade:
(a) withhold the supply of and dispose of the Products requested in the order, and/or
(b) refuse to deal further with you and will not be liable to you for any loss or damage directly or indirectly resulting from any such action.
3. You have sole responsibility for determining the suitability of the products for the purposes for which you intend to use them.
4. The products are supplied for domestic and private use only. Talou shall not be liable for any losses relating to any business of yours, for example, lost revenue, income or profits, lost data or any interruption to your business.
5. You must follow any instructions Talou may give you in relation to the safe use or storage of the Products. Talou will not be responsible for any damage to the products caused by your failure to follow these instructions.
6. There are certain responsibilities which Talou cannot exclude by law and nothing in these Terms of Trade limits any liability of Talou to you for death or personal injury resulting from your negligence. Subject to the following “Warranty” clause and to the fullest extent permitted by law, the liability of Talou for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of Talou breaching its obligations under these Terms of Trade or other duty is limited to a refund or replacement of the relevant Products.
1. As a consumer you have certain legal rights including legal rights relating to any products that are faulty or not as described. For further information about your legal rights, contact your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office. Nothing in these Terms of Trade will affect these legal rights.
2. If you receive a product that is not of satisfactory quality, you can contact Talou to request a replacement or, where this is not possible, for a refund. This must be supported with photographic evidence.
Refunds and Returns
1. Unfortunately, due to the nature of our products, as standard practice we do not accept refunds. In the unlikely event that your product is damaged during transit due to Talou’s negligent packaging of items, please contact us at email@example.com within 7 days of receiving your order with a photograph showing the defects and a copy of your original invoice/receipt. Once approved, you will be required to return the goods within 7 days. Goods need to be returned unused and in original packaging. You will be issued with a full refund or exchange once the goods have been received and inspected. In the unlikely event of a product being sent that is of poor quality please contact us with a photograph within 7 days of receiving your order at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once reviewed and accepted Talou will issue an exchange or refund within 30 days.
2. Once a return request has been accepted by us via email, we will issue you with a return address in which to send the products back.
3. Only products purchased on the www.taloulondon.com website can be returned to Talou for a refund or an exchange. Products purchased by another approved retailer or elsewhere must be returned to their original place of purchase.
4. You are responsible for the shipping costs incurred when sending the Products back to Talou.
5. Please retain your postal receipt until you are certain your parcel has been safely received by Talou. We may need to see this if we fail to receive your package.
6. We will do our best to process returns within 30 working days of receipt and a refund will be issued through the method used for payment.
7. We do not accept returns on gifts.
1 .Talou has ownership of all photographs on the www.taloulondon.com website.
1. Talou may transfer its rights and obligations under these Terms of Trade to another organisation.
2. These Terms of Trade are between you and Talou only. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of the terms of these Terms of Trade.
3. If any term in these Terms of Trade is found to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable by any court or competent authority, the remaining terms will remain in full force and effect.
4. If you break these Terms of Trade and Talou takes no action, this does not mean that Talou has waived its rights against you. You will still have to comply with these Terms of Trade. Any waiver must be agreed by Talou in writing.